Photo Contest | We want to see what an amazing experience our students have had abroad. Olin Global Programs puts on a photo contest every year for study abroad participants. There are several different photo categories including; landmarks, people, and landscapes. We will use submitted photos on the Global Programs website as well as other promotional events.
2019 Photo Contest:
Dates: March 1-April 5
- Global Classroom: Capture a photo that illustrates a learning experience you had while abroad. In your description, consider how your perspective has changed because of this experience.
- #OlinAbroad: capture your Olin spirit with a photo featuring Olin and/or WashU in your favorite hot spot abroad.
- Local Environment: Photos should feature unique aspects of architectural, landscape, cityscape, or surrounding environmental elements of the location abroad.
- Highlight Photo: Choose a photo that represents the ‘highlight’ of your time abroad- typically a cultural experience or memorable moment.
Study Abroad in 60 seconds: The key to Study Abroad in 60 Seconds is to create a thoughtful video that gives insight to the study abroad experience in one minute or less.
- Submit via email to email@example.com
- Photo and video files must be high resolution—one megabyte or larger files.
- One entry per category.
- For each photo, include a title, the location, year, and a caption no longer than one sentence. Submissions that do not include all of this information will be disqualified.
- All photos submitted and considered for awards may be used by WashU for website or print marketing.
- Rights are retained by the artist. By submitting your photo(s), however, entrants are agreeing that they grant the Washington University and Olin Global Programs royalty-free use of submitted photographs in displays and in print and electronic publications. The artist will be fully credited in all such displays and publications.
Blog | There are so many great stories to tell about experiences abroad. The Olin blog is a great way for students to share stories from their experiences abroad and to help potential study abroad students learn what the experience can be like.
Global Ambassadors | For students interested in sharing their study abroad experience and helping to guide other students who are in the preparation process for studying abroad, being a global ambassador is the perfect way to put your experience to use to help other students. Global ambassadors are made up of students who have previously studied abroad and act as peer mentors to perspective study abroad students and spokespersons for study abroad promotional and informational events.